2 pieces osso bucco
1 onion chopped
1 zucchini grated
1 carrot grated
1 parsnip grated
1 stick celery finely chopped
1 packet salt reduced chicken noodle soup
16-18 cups water
1 tin crushed tomatoes
1 dessertspoon salt, freshly ground pepper
1 tspn curry powder
1 pckt veal tortellini
- Place Osso Bucco, chopped onion, celery, grated zucchini, carrot, parsnip, water, tomato, salt, pepper and curry powder into soup pot and bring to the boil.
- Add chicken noodle soup and simmer, covered for 45 mins.
- Let stand overnight then remove fat from top.
- Break up meat into tiny pieces and return to stock.
- Stock can then be frozen, or reheat and add tortellini (about 6 or 7 per serve)
- Simmer gently about 10 mins or until tortellini is cooked to liking.