4 egg whites at room temperature
1 1/2 cups caster sugar
1 tspn vanilla essence
1 tspn white vinegar
1 dstspn cornflour
butter for greasing
300 ml cream
100 grams chopped roast almond chocolate
strawberries (or kiwi fruit)
Extra chocolate (dark)
- Use mix master to beat the egg whites until stiff. Gradually add 3/4 of a cup of sugar, a little at a time and beat until dissolved. This takes about 5 mins.
- Fold in the other 3/4 cup sugar, tspon vanilla essence and white vinegar and cornflour.
- Lightly grease a pavlova plate with butter and sprinkle with a mix of icing sugar and cornflour. (1 tspn of each).
- Turn pavlova mix out and spread onto pavlova plate. Mixture should be thick and quite stiff.
- Place in a pre-heated oven at 150c and cook for 10 minutes, then turn down to 125c for a further 1 1/4 hours.
- Turn oven off and leave pavlova in oven with door ajar until pavlova is cool.
- Beat 300ml cream, add chopped roast almond chocolate (100 grams) to cream and fold in.
- Spread mixture over pavlova.
- Decorate with strawberries or kiwi fruit (or any other topping). Grate a small amount of chocolate over the top of fruit.