Surprise Vegetable Parcels
2 bacon rashers, chopped
3 cups cooked Quick Cook wheat or brown rice
2 tablespoons chopped parsley
3 carrots, quartered
19 baby squash
6 small pieces cauliflower
6 small pieces broccoli
1 clove garlic, crushed
1 tspn dried basil leaves
1 cup grated tasty cheese
- Cut 6 pieces of aluminium foil about 24cm x 30cm.
- Fry bacon until crisp, drain, combine with wheat and parsley, divide between foil pieces.
- Boil or steam vegetables until just starting to tenderise.
- Add them to pan in this order : carrots, squash, cauliflower then broccoli.
- Do not cook more than 5 minutes, drain, divide over wheat mixture.
- Mix butter with garlic and basil, spread a little onto each parcel of vegetables, sprinkle with cheese.
- Wrap parcels tightly, barbecue until cheese is melted and vegetables as tender as desired.