Sweet Chilli Jam
8 red peppers seeded and chopped
10 red chillies
Ginger (finger size) finely chopped
8 cloves of garlic
400 grams cherry tomatoes
750 gram caster sugar
50 ml red wine vinegar
- Put the peppers, chillies, (with seeds) ginger and garlic into a food processor and wizz until finely chopped.
- Scrape into a heavy bottomed pan with tomatoes, sugar and vinegar and bring to the boil.
- Skim off any scum that comes to the surface and then simmer for 50 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Once the jam is becoming sticky continue to cook for a further 10-15 minutes stirring frequently so that it doesn’t catch and burn. It should now look like thick, bubbling lava.
- Cool slightly, transfer to sterilised jars and leave to cool completely.
I heat a tablespoon and top grilled salmon with it. I add it to stir fry chicken and other things like tamarind and fish sauce for authentic Thai flavours. I think it goes with everything.