Zucchini and Leek Soup
A word from the cook
Good Manners - The sound you don't make while eating soup.
2 sticks celery
750 grams zucchini
1 large potato
60 grams butter
3 1/2 cups water
3 chicken stock cubes
2 tbspn chopped parsley
1/3 cup cream
- Trim leeks and wash thoroughly.
- Slice celery, leeks andzucchini.
- Peel and slice carrot and potato.
- Heat butter in large saucepan, add vegetables, stir to coat in butter.
- Cover and cook over medium heat 5 mins, stirring occasionally. Do not allow vegetables to brown.
- Add water, crumbled stock cubes, salt and pepper, mix well.
- Bring soup to boil, reduce heat, simmer covered 15 mins or until vegetables are tender.
- Stir in parsley.
- Puree vegetables and liquid in electric blender – blend just 1 cup of soup at a time on medium speed.
- Return soup to saucepan, add cream and reheat without boiling.