1kg flank steak
1/2 red capsicum sliced into thin strips
1/2 red onion, sliced into thin strips
2 cloves garlic, peeled and smashed
2 tsp salt
2 tsp coarse black pepper
1/2 tsp cumin
3 tbs olive oil
2 cups beef broth (leftover from the crockpot)
1 small can tomato paste
1 tsp oregano
salt and pepper to taste
- Put the steak, capsicum, red onion, garlic, salt, pepper and cumin in a crockpot in the order listed. Add water until it just covers the steak.
- Put the crockpot on the stove and set to low for 6-8 hours or until the steak is very tender and comes apart with a fork.
- Remove the steak from the crockpot and shred with a fork into a separate dish.
- Remove the capsicum and onion with a slotted spoon and saute in a large frying pan.
- Add the tomato paste and beef broth, then add the shredded beef and cook for a further 20 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Serve with white rice and sliced avocado.
Buen Provecho! (Bon Apetit)