Pecan Praline Cheesecake
125g wheatmeal biscuits, crushed (about 16)
60g butter, melted
750g packaged cream cheese
2 tspns vanilla
1 1/4 cups brown sugar, firmly packed
2 tblspns plain flour
1 cup finely chopped pecans
1/2 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
300ml jar thickened cream
1/2 cup sugar
2 tblspns water
1/2 cup pecans
- Combine crumbs and butter in bowl, mix well.
- Press over base of 23cm springform pan, refrigerate 30 minutes.
- Pour filling into Crumb Crust, bake in moderate oven 50 mins or until it is set; cool, cover, refrigerate overnight.
- Remove from springform pan, place onto serving plate.
- Pour hot topping over cold cake, spread to edges.
- When Topping is cold, decorate with whipped cream and the 12 pecans.
- Sprinkle with Pecan Praline.
- Beat cream cheese and vanilla until smooth, add brown sugar, beat until smooth.
- Beat in eggs one at a time, then flour.
- Stir in pecans.
- Combine brown sugar and butter in pan; stir over low heat without boiling for about 5 minutes or until smooth and thick; use while hot.
- Combine sugar and water in pan, stir over low heat until sugar is dissolved, boil rapidly without stirring until mixture turns light golden brown, about 5 minutes.
- Add pecans, pour onto greased oven tray.
- When set, chop as finely as desired.
- Store any excess Praline in an airtight jar for future use.