Mandarin Duck or Chicken
Duck or Chicken (whole or breast)
1 tablespoon honey
2 tablespoons vinegar
2 tablespoons tomato sauce
Juice of 6 mandarins
1/4 cup soy sauce
1 cup chicken stock
2 tablespoons browns sugar
- Soak poultry in the juice of mandarins for 1-2 hours.
- Mix honey, soy and vinegar and pour over poultry.
- Baste and allow to air dry.
- Repeat 2-3 times allowing to dry inbetween each basting.
- Roast poultry until honey brown.
- When cooked serve with Mandarin Sauce poured over top.
- In a small saucepan add chicken stock, tomato sauce and left over marinade.
- Bring to the boil, add mandarin segments and thicken with corn flour.
I usually do this dish with chicken as it is cheaper. Can be done ahead of time and gently re-heat in the oven.