Creamy Chicken Curry
1 stick celery (chopped)
1 tbspn butter
1 tspn curry powder
2 cups chicken stock
300ml bottle cream
1 pkt red. salt chicken noodle soup
1 tin champignons
1 small tin sliced waterchestnuts
toasted slivered almonds
1 tbspn cornflour in a little water
- Cook chicken in about 2 1/2 cups of water in frypan with bayleaves and salt and pepper. (about 1 hour).
- Remove chicken and allow to cool.
- Let chicken stock stand in bowl until fat sets on top. Remove fat.
- Break up chicken into bite size pieces.
- In electric frypan melt butter, add onion and chopped celery and curry powder. Cook 1 min.
- Add stock and bring to boil.
- Add pkt salt reduced chicken noodle soup and simmer 5 mins.
- Add cornflour in water and stir till thick.
- Add cream.
- Then add chicken, water chestnuts (thinly sliced), champignons, bean sprouts and almonds. Mix well.
- Sprinkle with a little parsley and serve with boiled rice.